Sunday, February 14, 2010

another day.. another dollar... another trip to the hospital?

So, mark it on your calendars folks!. Today is the day I joined the blog-isphere!.
I have been meaning to put together a blog for the longest time, however what with starting my own business and chasing my two beautiful little munchkins, the idea of a blog got put on the backburner.. but here I am.... ready to type it aaaaalll out!.

The idea behind this blog is so everyone can get a sneak peak into the my crazy, yet wonderful life as a mum/photographer, or as I know like to call myself - a MOMTOG!. You can all follow along with my adventures with my girls, Carys (3) and Addison (1), and a sneak peek at the work that I do from week to week.

This week has been a tiring one to say the least! What with Valentines day, preschool adventures and one sick little toddler, I've hardly had five minutes to myself. Miss Addison, my lovely sweet timid bright blue eyed girl has gotten quite sick over the last few days and left us all a little baffled as to how to help her. My poor chicken has had a fever of 102+ for more than 3 days now... and the only thing combating the raging temperatures is the blessed tempra.

We ventured to the emergency room on Saturday. Her temp sky rocketed up to 104, and by that point I knew it was time to take the poor little tyke to see a doctor. After a battery of tests... ( two xrays, a cathetar for a urine sample, and a sepository - i know! doesn't your heart jsut ache for the babe?) all the doctors can come up with is that it a virus that's causing her raging temperature and to keep dousing her with drugs (which i HATE doing.. but what alternative am I left with?). Her eyes have the most unnerving red bags underneath them.. and she is so exhausted, your heart just bleeds for her. What I'd give to give her 5 minutes of peace and restful sleep!. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!.

Carys has been such a good little girl. She too has had her fair share of colds and flus this month!. Spring come quick! My poor babes can't take much more of this!!

For the next few days, my mum has come from Kincardine for a visit with us. Its always a big help when she is here. Carys is like her shadow, and won't leave her side while she visits. It reminds me so much of my own Nanna and I. Its so lovely to see. With my mum here.. I'll be able to comfort and help my Addy.. while Nanna has a ball with Carys :)

During all this sickness mayhem... I did mangae to get in a mini shoot with two of my favourite people, Hen and her little boy Liam!. Hen and I are working on a maternity series which I hope to debut in the next few days! Keep your eyes peeled!!

No comments:

Post a Comment