Monday, February 15, 2010

Fever Free Family Fun!!

Today is Family Day!
One day in during the month of February the Canadian government has decided to give the hard working ppl of this country a day off to be with their families. As a Mom who is home 95% of the time...every day is family day for me and for that I am blessed. Morgan, however, gets to stay home with us today! YAY!! An extra set of hands is always nice... and who am I kidding.. another grown up to talk to is pure heaven!! Theres only so many times a day that you can answer a three year olds question about why the sky is blue... or explain to her why the cat does not want to wear her sweater... without craving a little grown up conversation!

We made no definate plans for the day, figuring we would do with the day what we liked. The morning was relaxed... no rushing to get dressed.. or stressing about where Carys had stashed her backpack b/c we are late to school. We took our time and enjoyed each others company! As the afternoon rolled around Nanna, who is here for a visit, looked a little worse for wear.. so Morgan and I packed the girls into their winter gear... loaded up the car and popped to Jay and Sarahs (who are bascially family) for a visit... and so that I could oogle and prod Sarahs baby bump.. in hopes that little man mckinstry would finally move for me.

Today has been a good day. The first in a week that Miss Addy has been 100% fever free! She looks much better. The redness under her eyes is slowly starting to lift. Her nose is no longer running like a faucet, and her energy has picked up. We are all breathing a sigh of relief. She's on the mend!!

Funny how just one regular day off to be together can be so refreshing!! No running around, no school, no errands, just family and free time!.

Now I know you may be wondering "for a photographer.. there seems to be a serious lack of PHOTOGRAPHS on this blog"... well my friends... they will be up shortly!.
I like to blog at the end of the day.. upstairs.. on my lap top, on my comfy bed.. away from Morgand and his noisy, horribly violent video games. So here lies the dilemma; all of my work is downstairs on the desktop, mere feet away from the obnoxious game of choice for the evening. But fret not! Tomorrow I shall venture downstairs, before Morgan gets home from work, and write a post.... I just find it hard to concentrate on typing over the sounds of gun fire and bomb explosions. I hear enough destruction dealing with two children on a daily basis!!

Back to the same old same old tomorrow. Kids, Cleaning, Laundry... repeat.
And maybe... a few photos in the mix ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! It's fixed!
    I feel your pain on the war games. Adam loves to play Call of Duty with my brother in Canada. It runs the rest of us out of the living room!
    Glad to hear that Addy is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete