Monday, March 22, 2010

A Memorandum From Your Child

So... Morgans mom was rummaging through some stuff today and came across this page out of an old public school year book. On the back cover was this "Memorandum From Your Child". It had some GREAT points... so I thought I'd share!

1. Don't spoil me. I know quite well that I out not to have all I ask for. I'm only tgesting you.

2. Don't be afraid to be firm with me. I prefer it. It lets me know where I stand

3. Don't be inconsistent. That confuses me and makes me try harder to get away with everything I can.

4. Don't make promises; you may not be able to keep them. That will discourage my trust in you.

5. Don't make me feel smaller than I am. I will make up for it behaving like a big shot.

6. Don't do things for me that I can do for myself. It makes me feel like a baby, and I may continue to put you in my service.

7. Don't let my bad havits get a lot of your attention, it only encourages me to continue them.

8. Don't correct me in front of people. I'll take much more notice if you talk quietly with me in private.

9. Don't try to discuss my behaviour in the heat of a conflict. For some reason my hearing is not very good at this time and my co-operation is even worse. It is all right to take the action required, but let s not talk about it until later.

10. Don't make me feel that my mistakes are sins. I have to learn to make mistakes without feeling that I am no good.

11. Don't nag, if you do, I shall have to protect myself by appearing deaf.

12. Don't protect me from consequences. I need to learn from eperience.

13. Don't put me off when i ask HONEST question. If you do, you will find that I stop asking and seek my information elsewhere.

14. Dont ever think that it is beneath your dignity to apologize to me. An honest apology makes me feel surprisingly warm towards you.

15. Don't every suggest that you are perfect or infallible. It gives me much to live up to.

16. Don't worry about the little amount of time we spend together. it is how we spend it that counts.

17. Don't let my fears arouse your anxiety. Then I will become more afraid.

18. Don't forget that I can't thrive without lots of understand and ecouragement, but I don't need to tell you that, do I?

TREAT ME THE WAY YOU TREAT YOUR FRIENDS, THEN I WILL BE YOUR FRIEND TOO. REMEMBER I LEARN MORE FROM A MODEL THAN A CRITIC.

Just some food for thought! I know it helped me! Such simple ideas... that can totally help!

No comments:

Post a Comment